American Public Power Association (APPA) is hosting its annual Customer Connections Conference October 21-24 at the Marriott Downtown in Indianapolis, Ind. New this year, the conference will feature a full track of sessions devoted to economic development.
Session topics include:
- maximizing small and mid-level companies in your community
- economic development and site selection trends
- innovative communication methods for economic development
- creating a culture of economic development in your utility
- funding efforts for local development
- utilities and site selection’s powerful partnership
- working with existing industry to encourage growth and expansion
These sessions are designed for locally elected officials, city managers and utility, city and regional economic development and marketing specialists. Recognized by the International Economic Development Council as a professional development event, the track of sessions count toward the re-certification of Certified Economic Developers.
APPA’s Customer Connections Conference provides an opportunity for professional development, keeping up-to-date on industry activities and trends, sharing information and building a professional network. The conference offers more than 20 concurrent sessions in addition to the economic development track, covering topics such as key accounts, pubic communications, marketing and customer service. There are also roundtable discussions, networking breakfasts, receptions and other opportunities to share ideas and information.
Conference fees are $645 for APPA members (including Heartland customers) and $1,290 for nonmembers who register before Sept. 28. Three optional pre-conference seminars require a separate registration fee. For more information and to register, visit www.publicpower.org/CustomerConnections.